Start Date: April 2017
Duration: 5-6 months (including 2 week summer break); some negotiation possible
Payment: $17.50/hr; 20 hours per week
CADA-ON is a professional association for dance artists founded and run by dance artists. We see our principles, policies and programs in a community-building context, believing that all parties in the dance milieu have a shared interest in building a strong dance community and our specialized interest is in the status of the individual dance artist. We work to empower and educate members towards self-representation.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Acting Administrative Director is a temporary part-time employee responsible for the duties including office/staff management, overall membership management, disbursement of the Training Subsidy Program (TSP), Board of Director support, grant applications and management, member communications, and financial management of the organization.
CADA-ON seeks an outstanding individual to take on the administration of our organization on a part-time, contracted basis. This position offers a valuable opportunity to candidates entering the arts administration field; our current Acting Executive Director will mentor the successful candidate during transition into the position. The successful candidate will be offered a contract for an average of 20 hours per week at $17.50 per hour. During transitions into and out of the contract these hours will be shared. This position offers the opportunity for self-directed time management within the time guidelines of some tasks with set deadlines.
• Process membership applications and renewals
• Supply membership statistic reports for Board meetings
• Support Board meetings and assist Board of Directors with outreach initiatives
* Grant preparation
• Administer Training Subsidy Program (TSP) ‐ three deadlines per year
• Prepare financial reports, grant applications and reports
• Office management, including filing, computer backups, answering email and telephone queries and meeting with members as requested
* Liaise with bookkeeper and auditor
* Management of part-time Membership Coordinator
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
• Good working knowledge of Word and Excel
• Keen interest in computing and other technological tools
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent oral and written English language skills
• Thorough and conscientious
• Able to work both independently and follow instruction
• Experience in the arts; knowledge of the dance milieu is an asset
Send applications by email to office@cada‐on.ca.
We thank all candidates ‐ only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.